MINISTERIAL APPOINTMENTS AND RE-ASSIGNMENTS
In terms of Subsection 1 of Section 104 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No. 20) Act 2013, His Excellency the President, Cde Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa has made the following Ministerial appointments and re-assignments:
- Honourable Nqobizitha Mangaliso Ndlovu – Minister of Environment, Climate Change, Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Honourable Dr Sekesai Irene Nzenza – Minister of Industry and Commerce
- Honourable Professor Paul Mavima – Minister of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare
- Honourable Ambassador Cain Mathema – Minister of Primary and Secondary Education
- Honourable Kazembe Kazembe – Minister of Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage,
- Honourable Jenfan Muswere – Minister of Information Communication Technology, Postal and Courier Services,
- Honourable Daniel Garwe – Minister of National Housing and Social Amenities.
2.0 DEPUTY MINISTERS:
- Honourable Marian Chombo – Deputy Minister of Local Government and Public Works
- Honourable David Musabayana – Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
- Hon Jennifer Mhlanga – Deputy Minister of Women Affairs, Community, Small and Medium Enterprise Development,
- Honourable Yeukai Simbanegavi – Deputy Minister of National Housing and Social Amenities
- Honourable Dingumuzi Phuti – Deputy Minister of Information Communication Technology, Postal and Courier Services
- Honourable Raymore Machingura – Deputy Minister of Higher and Tertiary Education, Innovation, Science and Technology Development,
- Honourable Tinoda Machakarika – Deputy Minister of Youth, Sport, Arts and Recreation,
- Honourable Clemence Chiduwa — Deputy Minister of Finance and Economic Development.
These appointments and re-assignments are with immediate effect.
Dr Misheck Sibanda
CHIEF SECRETARY TO THE PRESIDENT AND CABINET
8 November 2019
Key Changes Made
By making these changes, President Emmerson Mnangagwa has effectively appointed and re-assigned cabinet ministers and deputy ministers and in the process created a ministry and plucked some portifolios from certain ministries. The following notable changes have occurred:
Honourable Nqobizitha Mangaliso Ndlovhu is the new Minister of Environment, Climate Change, Tourism and Hospitality Industry, replacing Prisca Mupfumira.
Sekesai Nzenza is the new Minister of Industry and Commerce replacing Nqobizitha Ndlovhu.
Paul Mavhima leaves the Primary and Secondary Education Ministry to become the new Minister of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare.
Cain Mathema is the new Minister of Primary and Secondary Education. Kazembe Kazembe has been re-assigned to the Ministry of Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage and Jenfan Muswere has been promoted from deputy minister to be the Minister of Information, Communication Technology, Postal and Courier Services.
Honourable Daniel Garwe is leading a new ministry, the Ministry of National Housing and Social Amenities.
Also to note is that Mthuli Ncube now has a deputy Minister at the treasury portfolio. — Zimbabwe Voice