By the US State Department
In response to the increasingly limited commercial options for departing Zimbabwe due to the global impact of COVID-19, the U.S. Embassy is coordinating two flights with a commercial airline to depart Zimbabwe on March 27, 2020, with one flying to Chicago, Illinois and the other to Dulles, Virginia (near Washington DC).
A number of seats on these flights will be available to private U.S. citizens.
Actions to Take:
- If you are planning on returning to the United States but have been unable to obtain space on a commercial flight, please contact [email protected] with the names of your immediate family members who wish to travel. Please provide contact information including phone, what’s app, and e-mail, and to which city you would prefer to fly.
- On the evening of March 24, 2020, the Embassy will learn how many seats are available on the flights and will contact the corresponding number of U.S. citizens and their immediate families in the order they appear on the list.
- If you are contacted, you will have 24 hours to contact the airline and pay for your seats.
- The Embassy will continue this process of contacting those on the list until all seats are sold out.
- Ensure that your travel documents are valid. If you need to arrange an emergency passport or notarial service, please schedule an appointment.
2 Lorraine Drive
Emergency +263 -772 559-727
If you suspect COVID-19 infection or wish to obtain more information on this disease, please call the Ministry of Health and Child Care on toll free hotline number 2019 for assistance.For news and comments, send us feedback by CLICKING HERE or, better still, CLICK HERE TO JOIN ONE OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS for the latest news!