Top Stories

Govt cuts down on on-duty staff

PRESIDENT Emmerson Mnangagwa has directed that Government slashes back on staff on active duty with all Government departments from tomorrow to be manned by a third of their normal workforce at a time with on-duty and off-duty staff being rotated fortnightly.

He said this in his remarks at the 338th Ordinary Session of the Zanu PF Politburo in Harare yesterday.

The President further urged all companies to de-congest their workplaces whenever possible by releasing non-essential staff, or even essential staff whose services can efficiently be rendered from home.

He said workers should be encouraged to take turns to come to work or serve from home.

with effect from tomorrow all Governments departments and ministries would be required to have just one third of their staff at work.

“As from Friday this week, all Government departments and ministries will only need one third of their staff at work for two weeks. The other two thirds will be at home and after two weeks the next third comes and the two thirds will remain at home.

“Even here at party headquarters I will ask the secretary general to make sure that only one third of the work force will be at work and the rest will go home for a period of two weeks,” said the President.

ALSO ON ZIMVOICE:
Former Minister Goche sucked into ZINARA US$40m scam

Cutting the number of duty staff gives more safety to those at home and ensures that those at work can be spread safe distances apart.

The President appealed to the citizens to exercise social responsibility.

“Those involved in the manufacturing and trading of essential commodities such as masks, sanitisers, among other items are dissuaded from charging exorbitant prices.” Government, the President said, had released additional resources towards the procurement of safety clothing.

“We are grateful to the many health services personnel who are at the frontline of addressing this pandemic. Their concerns and those of our nation have been noted and will be addressed.

“I urge us to adjust our lives and the activities of our party accordingly in the face of lethal health threat. As Government will continue to ensure that there is a continuous supply of grain and other essential commodities,’’ he added.

The private sector has already started rotating staff on and off duty and seeing who can work from home although few have yet to match the Government’s moves.

As of Thursday 5am (GMT + 2), the Johns Hopkins University’s Coronavirus Centre showed that coronavirus had killed over 21,000 people and infected more than 471,000. At least 114,000 had recovered.

ALSO ON ZIMVOICE:
Tourist tests positive for novel coronavirus

Zimbabwe still had three confirmed cases out of 100 tests it has so far carried out. 96 tested negative and one was inconclusive, the Ministry of Health and Child Care announced Wednesday evening.

If you suspect COVID-19 infection or wish to obtain more information on this disease, please call the Ministry of Health and Child Care on toll free hotline number 2019 for assistance.

For news and comments, send us feedback by CLICKING HERE or, better still, CLICK HERE TO JOIN ONE OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS for the latest news!
Via
Zimbabwe Voice
Source
Herald
Tags

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker